I wanted to make another practice run for the dress I want to make for my Nieces wedding, but as it turned out I didn’t have enough fabric for a dress, so decided to make a top instead. I was wanting to check out how easy or tricky the neckline might be in this fabric. So I decided I had nothing to lose.
The thing about crepe viscose fabric is that it frays like a bastard! So I decided to zigzag all the edges before putting it together to take the worry of that away and it really did help. I shall definitely be doing that again.
As to be expected the collar and plackets were quite tricky but taking my time and using a million pins turned out okay. Hemming it turned out to be trickier than I expected it to, so I ended up leaving it un-hemmed And it looks fine.
I feel fairly confident about making the dress version now. So watch this space…
Trackback this post | Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed