Second Cocowawa Marshmallow …

Okay then, second cocowawa Marshmallow dress completed already. Made this one in a size 10 instead of the 12 and whilst still a little roomy (but I think its meant to be) it is perfect. I’m so pleased I’ve found this pattern, no more Trapeze makes for a while I fear!

So without further ado here come the many pictures…

I think the fabric really helps in making this an interesting dress too. More of the Ponte roma quilted jersey.

So there we have it, my new favourite dress pattern. Expect to see many many more of these!




NEW PATTERN! I’m so excited about this make…

I flipping love this dress. I’ve been looking for a pattern for this type of dress for the longest time. I even considered making my own version with a pattern hack of my trusty Trapeze dress pattern, after reading the blog by, but I couldn’t quite get my head round the idea. And then luckily this pattern popped into my radar. I believe I had seen it a while ago before, but think it was probably only in a PDF version, and so I bypassed it. Now though its available in a printed paper version too.

It is the cocowawa, Marshmallow dress ! And I bloody love it…

I’ve always loved this style of dress, and when I saw the this one by Victoria Beckham I so badly wanted one or to be able to make one like it, so the pairing of this pattern with the fabric was like a dream come true.

Okay so mine isn’t exactly the same but I think its a pretty good example of this style of dress. And dare I say I prefer mine. Not least because it only cost me about £20 instead of several hundreds of pounds!

I made it in a ponte roma quilted jersey from Fabricgodmother and at £8 a metre and 150cm wide its quite a bargain. Plus in this fabric I actually feel like I’m wearing a marshmallow!

I’ve done my usual and simplified my version. I’ve taken out the button down back, and because its in jersey I haven’t done a facing. Nor have I used any of the add ons like the collar or the bow. I also shortened the sleeves more than the recommended amount, the original short sleeve length was elbow length.

I find measurements on sewing patterns to be quite confusing sometimes and if I’d followed the guide on this pattern I’d have made a size 14 which would have been way too big. I plumped for making a 12 and its still a bit too big. The next one will be made in a size 10.

I managed to make it using about 1.75m of fabric.

There will now follow lots of pictures…

I just love the silhouette of this dress, its just so damn cute I can’t stand it!

I love it with heels, as seen above.

And I love it with flats/converse.

But the bestest thing of all about this pattern is…


It has inseam pockets and they are the best!



Lets have another Trapeze…

Doesn’t need much introduction, and there’s nothing special about this dress except it marks my return to sewing after 2 months or more of not doing any at all!

I made it using my tunic length pattern hack, but I added 6cm to make it just a little longer.

Quick simple make, Love it!