One of my work friends had recently had a baby, and she asked me if I could make a replacement cover for her V shape cushion. I of course said yes. And then started to panic, thinking, what the hell did you say yes for?! Aimee gave me the old cushion cover so I could take the measurements from that. I kept looking at it, sort of knowing what I wanted to do and how I wanted to do it, but not entirely sure if it would work. I know I’ve made cushion covers before but they were regular shaped and had straight edges, non of this curved malarky! Aimee let me decide what fabric to use, having given me an idea of what she liked. I chose a spotty fabric in two different colours in a fairly robust thick cotton.
I laid the old cushion cover inside out on top of the fabric and giving it 1cm SA I marked around the cover. Repeated this on the other colour fabric ( I hope this makes sense). Cut them out and pinned together .
Not forgetting to leave an opening. I then sewed it together. I decided I was going to use ties to close the opening. So I made 3 pairs of ribbon ties and attached.
I was really quite happy with this in the end, and it was fun to make. I delivered it to Aimee, I was a bit apprehensive when putting the cover onto the cushion that it might not fit, but it did, and looked pretty good too. I’m afraid i don’t have picture of it on the cushion, so you’ll just have to trust me. I have to say that baby Amelia looked pretty comfortable on it too :0) So I’d like to say thank you to Aimee for giving me a bit of a challenge. I’m always really happy when I complete something I didn’t think I’d be able to do.